Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday (17/02): Ten Book Related Problems I Have



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.

This blog is a recent discovery. I love their blog and this weekly list seemed like fun so I decided to participate (:





Ten Book Related Problems I Have (in no particular order)

1. Buying books faster than I read them. There are way too many books on my shelves (physical and electronic). But when I read or hear about an interesting book, I can't help but purchase it for later.

2. Reading too many books at once. Oh you know, start one book with a bookclub, start another on the Kindle because it's travel friendly, just bought a book you can't wait to get into... Next thing you know, you have way too many books on the night stand!

3. Moving is a pain. Only when you move do you realise how heavy books are!

4. Multiple copies of books across different devices - but some books are just that good!

5. Read the book before the movie? Always a dilemma.

6. Loyalty to a series. When the earlier books in a series are too good and you continue to read the series because you just need to know what happens, even when the latest books have become too farfetched or dull.

7. Kindle vs purchase physical book vs borrow book.

8. Falling in love with characters. If only they were real, they'd make the best boyfriends / friends.

9. DNF. I hate not finishing a book. But I've only ever not finished ONE book - it was so bad and not my cup of tea, I just couldn't go on.

10. Book gifts. Disappointment with the lack of excitement when you gift a book to a loved one. Give me books or book gift cards anytime! I'll love you forever!

Comments

  1. Nice list. :) I relate to your book problems! Deciding whether or not to read a book before the movie is not as easy as people might think. Sure, the book's always better but sometimes I want to give the movie a chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fiona! Yes, there are definitely some good movie adaptations of books out there. I'm perhaps the most apprehensive when a book I love is made into a movie. I can think of a few that have left me completely disappointed >_<

      Delete
  2. Yes! I know what you mean, about staying loyal to a series. Is it more painful to keep going or more painful to stop? Sometimes, it's hard to tell!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday (03/03): Top Ten Books You Would Classify As All Time Favourite Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish . It's fun to do and interesting to read what other bloggers have to say as well! Join in the fun! Top Ten Books You Would Classify as ALL TIME FAVOURITE BOOKS From the Past 5 Years 1. The Night Circus   by Erin Morgenstern. This is the most recent in this list. I loved how Erin Morgenstern wove the story around the characters and the circus. She also has a wonderful writing style that just makes you see, smell, hear and feel what she is writing, like you're right there. I wrote a review on this here . 2. Where She Went  by Gayle Forman. I really enjoyed If I Stay  and literally bought and read Where She Went  straight after I finished it. I wasn't expecting to love it as much as I did. This book is from Adam's perspective and he really does have a lot of sadness, doubt and anguish. Gayle Forman does a great job portraying Adam's feelings. Gut-wrenchingly beautiful, is al

Review: All That I Am by Anna Funder

All That I Am by Anna Funder My rating: 5 of 5 stars Blurb (from Goodreads): All That I Am is a masterful and exhilarating exploration of bravery and betrayal, of the risks and sacrifices some people make for their beliefs, and of heroism hidden in the most unexpected places. When eighteen-year-old Ruth Becker visits her cousin Dora in Munich in 1923, she meets the love of her life, the dashing young journalist Hans Wesemann, and eagerly joins in the heady activities of the militant political Left in Germany. Ten years later, Ruth and Hans are married and living in Weimar Berlin when Hitler is elected chancellor of Germany. Together with Dora and her lover, Ernst Toller, the celebrated poet and self-doubting revolutionary, the four become hunted outlaws overnight and are forced to flee to London. Inspired by the fearless Dora to breathtaking acts of courage, the friends risk betrayal and deceit as they dedicate themselves to a dangerous mission: to inform the British government

Top Ten Tuesday (24/02): Top Ten Heroines

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish . Join in the fun! Top Ten Heroines (in no particular order) 1. Ella  ( Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine). This was one of my favourite books as a child and Ella is just phenomenal. She's smart, witty and has a lot of guts. Plus she captures Prince Char's heart (I majorly fell in love with Char when I first read this book). I have to admit I wasn't a fan of the movie adaptation; a huge fail for me even though I adore Anne Hathaway. 2. Hermione Granger  ( Harry Potter series  by J. K. Rowling ) . Of course, what's a heroine list without Hermione. What would Harry do without Hermione? She's the brains in the famous trio and gutsy too.  3. Emma Donahoe  ( Dark Heavens trilogy by Kylie Chan). A devoted fan to this series (now into it's third trilogy). Dark Heavens  is the first and best of the three trilogies, with Emma being the kick-ass main character, putting